1 lb boneless, skinless chicken (if breasts, cut in half lengthwise)
1 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil
Juice from 1 medium lemon
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon curry powder
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Garlic yogurt sauce:
7-ounce container 2% Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
1/8 tsp kosher salt
Chopped parsley (for garnish)
1. Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in a Ziploc bag. Pound each breast to an even thickness, about ½-inch thick, being careful not to puncture the bag. Place pounded chicken breasts back into bag and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine olive oil and lemon juice. Whisk until combined. Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon, red pepper, salt and black pepper and whisk again.
3. Pour the marinade into the bag with the chicken, massaging it to evenly coat. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
4. In a small bowl (or right in the container), combine the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Stir to combine and refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Over medium-high heat, grill the chicken for 3 minutes or until it no longer sticks to the grill. Turn the chicken and grill an additional 3-4 minutes. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes then slice it thinly, across the grain. Top each breast with 2 tablespoons sauce and a sprinkle of parsley. Serve.